Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Lies You Tell


Tell me like it is, I can handle the truth, I can take it. I might be shocked by the truth, but I’ll get over it after giving it some thought and taking into consideration that you were ‘grown’ enough to be up front with me and own up to your actions. I can respect that.

I’m a very forgiving person. I know that hey, things happen and persons deserve a second chance, so, don’t lie. Lying to me is one of the most hurtful things you could ever do to me and it is something I have a hard time of forgiving and forgetting (never mind forgetting, that’s something I will never do). You lying to me tells me that the bond we have, wasn’t as strong as I thought. It says that you don’t respect me enough to tell me the truth. It says that you don’t trust me.

I even go as far as looking at the situation and contemplate the magnitude of the lie and the circumstances that surrounds it. If it’s understandable that you had to lie, after hearing the reason for doing so, and it’s an acceptable one, I can forgive you there, but the petty lies that had no substantial rationale to be told, NO!

Breaking my trust is like breaking a glass… The pieces can be put back together but the cracks will forever be there. All I ask of you is to not lie to me. Be honest, be upfront. Tell the truth and let us deal with it and move on. Don’t let our friendship END because of ‘The lies you tell’.


No comments:

Post a Comment