Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Letter to a Friend: The End.


I think its best we end our friendship, I can't believe after everything, I'm saying that now. I'm tired, really and truly tired, you've done a lot of things and I've forgiven you, thinking you'd learn, thinking you'd change but it doesn't seem like that's something you can do. You're just being YOU and it would be wrong for me to want you to change for me, so I think its best I just step away. I can't have a friend who keeps things from me, I can't have a friend who continuously lies to me, I can't have a friend who betrays me and hides it, then laughs and smile with me, I CAN'T. After everything we've been through, I can't believe you still continue to make the same mistakes over and over.  
I remember the 1st time you told me a lie and made me feel guilty for not 'trusting' you, things came to light and the truth came out, I forgave you and we said no more surprises. What happened to that promise? The second time, you went to someone with something that had you trusted me, you would have never done. I forgave you for that, we moved on. The third time you hurt me, you once again asked for forgiveness and we said no more surprises and you said "I know I've said this before, but I mean it this time, it won't happen again and I mean it this time", I once again forgave you. (Do I forgive too easily? Yeah, I think so) Why didn't you use that opportunity to come clean about everything? How many times am I going to say, JUST BE HONEST WITH ME, JUST BE OPEN WITH ME AND DON’T KEEP THINGS FROM ME? Well, I'm tired of saying it, this is the last time I'm saying it.
YOU did it this time; YOU ended our friendship. As I said before, I can’t have a friend who I can’t trust and you’ve given me more than enough reasons to not trust you, but I always seem to forgive you. This time, you went too far and to be honest… I don't even hate you. You simply have a lot of growing up to do, I hope you do. I’m not going to even tell you what you did, you should know, I’m just watching to see if you’ll learn and come clean on your own account, until then, I have nothing to say to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment